Subject: Re: Some questions
From: Michael Meshew <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 1995 18:18:58 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 7 Feb 1995 [email-masked] wrote:

> I actually have a lot of questions but I will only pose a couple.
> * I have a 4000 and I need to get a CD-ROM drive. I'm a little confused on
> what exactly I need. Do I need SCSI? Basically I need to know a list of what
> I need and where it goes. Thanks.
> * Speaking of CD-ROMS, is LightROM a good deal. What type of objects are
> there? I need anatomy type objects (bones, limbs) for a project and was
> wondering if those were included on that CD, if not where can I find those
> type of objects?
> * What is this Tomahawk site I hear about and how do I access it. I currently
> do all my modem communications on my Mac. Do I need to get a modem for the
> Amiga?
> 
>  These questions may seem basic but I would appreciate any info that can be
> provided. Thanks.
> -Andy 
> 
   Andy, you can try;

1) avalon.chinalake.navy.mil
2) tomahawk.welch.jhu.edu
3) graphics.rent.com

 for Lightwave objects.

LIGHT-ROM has a little over 2200 objects that are found on these sites & 
various different BBS's around the country. I'll leave it to you to 
figure if around $30.00 mailorder is worth it for 2200 objects & the 
time/cost it would take you to access them all on the Internet & BBS's.:-)

LIGHT-ROM has an anatomy directory with a good skeleton object, both as 
an entire object & also as a scene file allowing you control of each 
individual section of the skeleton. If you have any questions regarding 
LIGHT-ROM, please email me.

Thanks,

Michael